The Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis I work with is a screening test that is non-invasive, relatively inexpensive and accurate. It shows the levels of 16 minerals and 5 toxic metals.
Minerals (such as magnesium and zinc) are sometimes called the ‘spark plugs’ of the body. That’s because they’re needed by many enzymes as co-factors, facilitators and inhibitors and as part of the enzymes themselves.
Certain metals (such as aluminum and mercury) are considered toxic because they’re irritating at low concentrations.
Just like with all other body tissues, minerals are deposited into our hair. Although our hair isn’t considered to be alive once it’s outside of our scalp, the minerals remain. The accuracy of the test is maintained by using a sample of hair cut close to the scalp.
What do the results tell us?
I like to think of the results of Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis as a snapshot of your biochemistry. The results tell us:
- if you’re low in essential trace minerals
- if you have hidden toxic metals
- how well your adrenal and thyroid glands are functioning (this influences your energy level)
- your sugar and carbohydrate tolerance at a cellular level
- what stage of stress you’re in
- about your overall vitality and energy in the body as they relate to your immune system
- trends for various health conditions
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis is considered a standard test and is used around the world for the monitoring of trace elements and toxic metals in humans and animals. Fun fact: the same technology is used for soil testing and testing of rock samples to detect mineral levels.
When we look at common physical, mental and emotional health conditions through the lens of mineral imbalances and the presence of toxic metals, we have a better understanding of the causes and more importantly, how to heal.
Take your first step toward a Personalized Active Care Plan! Book a free consultation with me at email@example.com.